Cant get rid of dinos..

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some zoas about 8 months ago from a vendor that had dinos on them and ever since then my tank has been plagued with them non stop..
I raise alk to 12-13 for a few days and leave lights off and they disappear and about two weeks later thier back again..
What can i do to get rid of these **** things forever..
Been in this hobby for nearly 20 yrs and have never had a issue with them..

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble with dinos? Just freeze everything! That got rid of them the first time! Ba-doom-tish.
I hope you can solve this problem. Good luck.

OP
OP
Toomnymods

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks nana but this isnt going to help.. ive tried those and it just keeps coming back.. I think i'm just gonna buy a 57 watt UV sterilizer and i'm sure it'll eventually break the life cycle of this nasty stuff..

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried hydrogen peroxide? You wouldn't believe how bad my tank looked when I had it. I have before and after pics, it's insane. But I did h2o2 dosing plus lights out and water changes. Now *knock on wood* I'm dino free and have been for hmm, almost a year maybe... Good luck!

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to look back, I did at least 4 days of dosing (I think 6 total) and I believe I did 10ml in a 90 gal tank plus about 15 gallons in the sump. I should have documented exactly what I did better but I wasn't really thinking about that, I just wanted it gone. You can see my pics here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...perience-h2o2-reefing-tool-40.html#post877768 and then a few posts later are some after pics. That was right after. I can honestly say my tank looks better now than it ever has and I would dose h2o2 again in a heartbeat if I felt I had to. But check out that thread and you can decide for yourself.

OP
OP
Toomnymods

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went and bought probably 4 gallons of hydrogen peroxide.. Lady running the checkout at walmart probably thought i was preparing for te zombie apocolypse.. Lol

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went and bought probably 4 gallons of hydrogen peroxide.. Lady running the checkout at walmart probably thought i was preparing for te zombie apocolypse.. Lol

Haha just don't overdose, stick to the script. I was literally days from tearing down my tank and now I'm happy I didn't. Hope it turns out well, keep updating!

kevin32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my tank is a 40 gallon breeder, how much should I dose hydrogen peroxide per day?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back