can't post an ad or in classifieds??

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 mins ago I was able to post 2 ads, but now it is saying I don't have permission to post an ad or even a general thread in any of the marketplace forums. I've got several other items to list, but can't seem to do anything now. I checked, and other users can still post ads, so I'm not sure what is going on.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please check the rules for the classifieds for the limit on how many ads are allowed per member upgrade. Thanks.

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, 2 ads? what a pain....the structure of ads lends itself to single items, so limiting a member to 2 ads seems really bad. Guess I'll skip ads and do it the old fashioned way that always worked in the past.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No you can add multiple items and list the price as varies from $x.xx - $xx.xx or whatever. If you would like for me to close your ads so you can redo them I can.

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got items in like 8 different categories, and according to the rules I can't have the items in a single ad span multiple categories. This greatly limits my ability to post using the ad format.

The following ad types are prohibited:
  • Mixed ads - All items listed in an ad are restricted to the ad type selected.

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please check the rules for the classifieds for the limit on how many ads are allowed per member upgrade. Thanks.

Hello. Can you help me out? I'm trying to post an ad to sell a tank I won and it keep saying I don't "unable to view". I don't have any other ads here. Please help. Thank you.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Can you help me out? I'm trying to post an ad to sell a tank I won and it keep saying I don't "unable to view". I don't have any other ads here. Please help. Thank you.

I would be willing to bet you are unable to post ads due to your post count. I'm not sure if it had changed but the old rules used to be you could not post ads unless you were a member for atleast 30 days (Which you are) AND have atleast 25 meaningful posts (You are at 13).

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’ve been a member for 12+ years and it’s saying “YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE.”

so what’s that mean? I have to be a paid member in order to post a thread? Oh ve messaged moderators but they never responded

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’ve been a member for 12+ years and it’s saying “YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE.”

so what’s that mean? I have to be a paid member in order to post a thread? Oh ve messaged moderators but they never responded
You don't have to be a paid member, but you should see an option at the top of the page that says "Post New Ad". When you post a new ad, it will automatically create the discussion thread for it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back