Can't stand ATO in AIO aquarium

kaylajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tunze nano has stopped working 2 or 3 times and my tank has only been set up about 3 months.

I checked after a few days to see this:

IMG_20210524_175302.jpg

My refractometer (another choice of frustration) says the salinity is back to normal now which seems dubious to me. But my fish aren't dead yet at least.

I already took out the filter sponge and run no mechanical filtration for now because it was making the water level fluctuate.

Not sure what is happening here, is it really possible the level in the AIO chamber fluctuated this much without a huge salinity swing? IME it doesn't take nearly this much water to mess up the salinity in this tank (it's only 15 gallons).

Mixing up water to do a water change and get the level back to where it was, but don't really know what else to do except get a nicer ATO.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tunze nano has stopped working 2 or 3 times and my tank has only been set up about 3 months.

I checked after a few days to see this:

IMG_20210524_175302.jpg

My refractometer (another choice of frustration) says the salinity is back to normal now which seems dubious to me. But my fish aren't dead yet at least.

I already took out the filter sponge and run no mechanical filtration for now because it was making the water level fluctuate.

Not sure what is happening here, is it really possible the level in the AIO chamber fluctuated this much without a huge salinity swing? IME it doesn't take nearly this much water to mess up the salinity in this tank (it's only 15 gallons).

Mixing up water to do a water change and get the level back to where it was, but don't really know what else to do except get a nicer ATO.

you have described exactly why I have just stopped using my Tunze ATO.

looks more than it is, maybe a litre which wouldn't drop the salinity too much...tho I have also moved away from refractometers as they are not the best, I now use a Tropic Marin hydrometer which is very accurate.

OP
OP
kaylajoy

kaylajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have described exactly why I have just stopped using my Tunze ATO.

looks more than it is, maybe a litre which wouldn't drop the salinity too much...tho I have also moved away from refractometers as they are not the best, I now use a Tropic Marin hydrometer which is very accurate.

Yeah you're right, it was less than a liter and is back to normal after today's water change. Gave me quite a scare though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back