Capricornis montipora placement

tidefanjam

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2016
Messages
466
Reaction score
329
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a capricornis montipora frag coming and would like some opinions on placement, I have read that they grow fairly quickly, and I really like the look of how they plate and grow upwards so just looking for some ideas on placement, thanks

3CE7420E-B25D-4E37-AF1A-43B4FBAD0EDC.jpeg


A6D619AA-69C6-4F37-B1B3-29E57F33414A.jpeg


E8315EE0-243C-4687-9792-47DCCBDAB136.jpeg
 
I considered placing it in the back and letting it grow up from behind the rocks...
 
anywhere low is fine. it will shade everything below it so you cannot grow anything under it. also give it enough space from rock to glass, otherwise when the plate gets close to the glass, you will break the plate when you are cleaning the glass.
 
I keep them out of my tank since they grow so fast, but when I had them, they were always low so that they did not become light-umbrellas for stuff underneath them.
 
I decided on a spot in the back where there’s room to grow. Part of it ended up a bit shaded but it seems to be growing well anyway..

318CA0EE-EC80-4DA5-9413-106FB8C95AF8.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new