Captain America's Spawning

magicalbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Been lurking round these parts for a while, i'm from Reef Culture Zoa Swap Forum! Anyway, long story short! Hi from England!

So i have some Captain america's that this evening seem to have decided to spawn, i was wondering if anyone over here has any experience or can confirm that is even what's happening! I have some semi shoddy pictures as it was a grab your camera moment so i havn't had chance to set the white balance nor set the tripod up so these are as good as it gets! They are all pushing these little sacks of white ball/eggs out.

Any advice is more than welcome!

I have also captured a small amount in a pot floating in a pot :)

There is also a rather rubbish video being uploaded too!

[video=youtube;tht6HIPZ-SI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tht6HIPZ-SI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So who can tell me if this means i'm doing something right, or even that it's all about to implode!

OP
OP
M

magicalbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;y3kBoxSDF3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3kBoxSDF3M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

correct link to videao this time, can a mod either replace my link in the op or remove it please :)

OP
OP
M

magicalbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My halloweens usually deal with the bryopsys, the frags slightly inaccessible to them ATM thou Hence the Afro :) I just hope the gametes are viable, the amount of eggs released will leave me about 1000 captain Americas!

OP
OP
M

magicalbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update the ones I captured in a pot disintegrated over 36 hours and where not viable!

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide mixed with tank water will kill that byprosis dead, and will have no ill affects on the polyps.
And that is super cool!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

magicalbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was going to either do that or get some mag to dose, I pulled most of it off the other night!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too weird, my Captain Aerica Palys spawned about two weeks ago setting off a spawn of my Acans as well. The Palys spawned early in the day and the Acans followed up about fee hours later.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back