Captain's log...supplemental

Art2249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During last re-fit at starbase 104873 we were upgraded with a new PAR meter. Once back on patrol we approached the neutral zone and immediately noticed that the PAR levels were extremely low.
As the captain, I take full responsibility for this. I had assumed, because the warp engines were so powerful, it would be dangerous to operate them at anywhere near full capacity. As a result we had never exceeded 30% power. Although this worked well for a while it resulted in a slow degradation of the system over time.
Consequently we are now using the PAR meter to slowly raise power levels, and are now nearing 50%. Based upon the current readings it is quite likely that we will eventually raise levels to as much as 60 to 70 percent.
I must note in the log that we also experienced excessive nitrate levels approximately 2 months ago. Since the ship is only 13 months old we had assumed this was a normal part of the process. But when levels reached 30 ppm we decided it was time to intervene. Two months ago we began a regimen of reduced feeding and carbon dosing. Levels have now fallen to 12 ppm and we expect this to continue. We are no longer increasing the dose of vodka (currently at 5 ml daily) and we anticipate reducing this dose by 50% upon reaching desirable levels.
it should also be noted that the increased level of lighting has resulted in an increased consumption of alkalinity and calcium.. .....from 40/40 ml to 100/100ml daily. if this trend continues, it may be necessary to consider fitting the ship with a calcium reactor during our next starbase visit.
Captain out.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your log update....is it Captain Kirk or Captain Piccard?

What's your target on nitrate and what warp engines are your ship equipped with?

Retrofitting your ship with a calcium reactor is a great option though I have dosed up to 150 cc daily and didn't find it to be a drain on the ship crew's morale or to Star Fleet's expectations of financial responsibility!

rodney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. I dose vinegar mixed with calk. And don’t seem to erect alc. or cal.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back