Captive bred Conspicuous angel or captive bred Clarion angel

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
I’m thinking of adding a dream angel to my fish only tank when the time is right. I was wondering which one people would recommend and why between the Conspicuous angel and the Clarion angel?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id go with consicuous because they have a much more angel like look to me, and is propably one of the most unusually coloured fish there is, where as the clarion just looks like a more elegant garibaldi damsel to me. But whatever you prefer is best because you have to live with it lol and its not like either are cheap so whichever you like

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarions are supposed to be much hardier and robust so might do better in the average tank but if your going for a fish like this I'd echo the above, pick which one you really want and add tankmates around it.

Neither is a dream fish for me but clarions are nicer when young imo and conspics better as they mature.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarions are supposed to be much hardier and robust so might do better in the average tank but if your going for a fish like this I'd echo the above, pick which one you really want and add tankmates around it.

Neither is a dream fish for me but clarions are nicer when young imo and clarions better as they mature.
I read a few article and comments from
people saying that there Clarion was very aggressive. Have you ever heard that about them?

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a few article and comments from
people saying that there Clarion was very aggressive. Have you ever heard that about them?

I think any of the similar sized angels can be and often are described as aggressive tbh. Ive kept a passer which is very similar and that wasnt to much trouble but have heard people who said theirs were evil, so you need luck. There was a guy with a clarion in a full reef over here and this is what he got away with https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/readers-tanks/your-tanks-martin-lakin/

My only experience of them is seeing them in a wholesalers so hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help. I would say though that large angels in general are often worth a little sacrifice and if it's a dream fish that makes it harder to resist.

PS I noticed a typo in my last reply. I meant to say conspicuous angels are better as they mature but it sounds like your leaning towards the clarion.

OP
OP
B

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think any of the similar sized angels can be and often are described as aggressive tbh. Ive kept a passer which is very similar and that wasnt to much trouble but have heard people who said theirs were evil, so you need luck. There was a guy with a clarion in a full reef over here and this is what he got away with https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/readers-tanks/your-tanks-martin-lakin/

My only experience of them is seeing them in a wholesalers so hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help. I would say though that large angels in general are often worth a little sacrifice and if it's a dream fish that makes it harder to resist.

PS I noticed a typo in my last reply. I meant to say conspicuous angels are better as they mature but it sounds like your leaning towards the clarion.
Thank you for your response. I’m actually leaning towards the Conspicuous however the colours of the Clarion are really nice

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back