Captive Bred Coral Beauty more Reef Safe?

Mountainreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at Coral Beauty for my 70 gallon reef tank. With all angels they say caution and was curious if captive bred would be more reef friendly being raised in captivity rather than in the wild where it could have had prior experience going after corals. Have any of you had great success with these captive bred dwarves?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at Coral Beauty for my 70 gallon reef tank. With all angels they say caution and was curious if captive bred would be more reef friendly being raised in captivity rather than in the wild where it could have had prior experience going after corals. Have any of you had great success with these captive bred dwarves?
Not sure if any of my 2 have been captive or not, likely not, but if well fed, does not nip at my corals.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were told the same thing as we wanted to add a coral beauty or a flame angel to our reef tank. Not sure if that is true but I am interested to read the responses! :)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be able to prove it one way or the other. But captive bred ones being more reef-safe sounds like a sales pitch, and doesn't make any sense to me.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back