Captive Bred Coral Beauty more Reef Safe?

TSM Aquatics

Mountainreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Was looking at Coral Beauty for my 70 gallon reef tank. With all angels they say caution and was curious if captive bred would be more reef friendly being raised in captivity rather than in the wild where it could have had prior experience going after corals. Have any of you had great success with these captive bred dwarves?

First Choice

Saltyreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Was looking at Coral Beauty for my 70 gallon reef tank. With all angels they say caution and was curious if captive bred would be more reef friendly being raised in captivity rather than in the wild where it could have had prior experience going after corals. Have any of you had great success with these captive bred dwarves?
Not sure if any of my 2 have been captive or not, likely not, but if well fed, does not nip at my corals.

LionFishReeferMom

View Badges
Reaction score
We were told the same thing as we wanted to add a coral beauty or a flame angel to our reef tank. Not sure if that is true but I am interested to read the responses! :)

Zoanthids

nereefpat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to prove it one way or the other. But captive bred ones being more reef-safe sounds like a sales pitch, and doesn't make any sense to me.

TSM Aquatics

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 127 39.7%
  • NO

Votes: 175 54.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 5.6%
LA