Captive-Bred Cuban Golden Basslet $600

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2020
Messages
955
Reaction score
2,067
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the orange tail damsel come back in stock?

Those guys are out of stock for quite a bit, likely 4+ months. But I have a batch of Pavo damselfish coming in stock late next week. They're typically a bit more docile when compared to the orangetails.
 
Any idea how these would do with an established Carmabi/candy basslet?
That's actually a really great question. We have mixed these with their closer related cousins the royal gramma with no issues. The candy basslets are typically cryptic and smaller than these guys so as long as there's ample rockwork they shouldn't be a problem together. That can vary on a fish by fish basis but I would generally give it the green light.
 
I got my Cuban basslet from you guys a week and a half ago and it's awesome. I highly recommend them. Any idea when you might have multibar or venustus angel again?
 
I got my Cuban basslet from you guys a week and a half ago and it's awesome. I highly recommend them. Any idea when you might have multibar or venustus angel again?
Those angels usually come in small waves but I'd guess likely late fall/early Winter.
 
I just received my third Dejongi and I am amazed how big this guy is ! Fat and beautiful colors good gosh what a beauty . Jake was solid and helped me get a nice sized guy to go with my others. Highly recommend’!
 
I just received my third Dejongi and I am amazed how big this guy is ! Fat and beautiful colors good gosh what a beauty . Jake was solid and helped me get a nice sized guy to go with my others. Highly recommend’!
Are you keeping all three one in one tank?
 
Definitely make sure your Nero3/5 have the fish guard installed...

My finger is hovering over the BUY button...
 
I just received my third Dejongi and I am amazed how big this guy is ! Fat and beautiful colors good gosh what a beauty . Jake was solid and helped me get a nice sized guy to go with my others. Highly recommend’!

Pictures please. My finger is hovering also...AND itching..lol
 
Definitely make sure your Nero3/5 have the fish guard installed...

My finger is hovering over the BUY button...

Did you lose one to a powerhead? My dejongi never goes close to the Nero, but now you've got me nervous.
 
Did you lose one to a powerhead? My dejongi never goes close to the Nero, but now you've got me nervous.

I've just read the stories... my fish won't fit but "torpedo shaped fish" might fit.

I'd hate to see a beauty like that chopped up some morning...
 
Definitely make sure your Nero3/5 have the fish guard installed...

My finger is hovering over the BUY button...
Ours goes no where near the mp40s and mp60s. Mostly hang out among the rock work and middle of the tank.
 
Any idea how these would do with an established Carmabi/candy basslet?

That's actually a really great question. We have mixed these with their closer related cousins the royal gramma with no issues. The candy basslets are typically cryptic and smaller than these guys so as long as there's ample rockwork they shouldn't be a problem together. That can vary on a fish by fish basis but I would generally give it the green light.
I have a cycled Waterbox 35.2 and I really wanted the first inhabitants to be a mated pair of candy basslets so they could establish their territory. Doesn’t look like that will happen due to availability.

Do you think there will be an issue adding the Golden Cuban first?
 
Got mine the other day. Sorry for the bad picture but here he is hanging out in a barnacle next to a Biota Tessellated Blenny.

contemplating on a Golden Angel from Biota next. Highly recommend Biota!!
1000005408.jpg
 
I have a cycled Waterbox 35.2 and I really wanted the first inhabitants to be a mated pair of candy basslets so they could establish their territory. Doesn’t look like that will happen due to availability.

Do you think there will be an issue adding the Golden Cuban first?
If the Candy basslets are paired they might show a bit more aggression, especially if they end up having some eggs somewhere in the tank. I've found the cuban basslets generally puff up and intimidate rather than actually attack anything unless it's tiny.
 
I got my Cuban basslet from you guys a week and a half ago and it's awesome. I highly recommend them. Any idea when you might have multibar or venustus angel again?
We're hoping to have another batch of both these species available likely at the end of this month or early March
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new