Captive bred fish from LiveAquaria? A good idea?

cd459

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah they look like they don't have very many options when it comes to clowns, sadly. None of the breed I was looking for at least. Maybe that'll change by the time I'm ready to order.

That is definitely a factor. I’m not sure what you’re looking for, but they tend to post ocellaris/percs the most followed by nations and maybe some random species. They post new fish everyday during the week so sign up for their email alerts and you’ll get a preview of what will be for sale that day. GL

OP
OP
Cv111

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is definitely a factor. I’m not sure what you’re looking for, but they tend to post ocellaris/percs the most followed by nations and maybe some random species. They post new fish everyday during the week so sign up for their email alerts and you’ll get a preview of what will be for sale that day. GL
I'm looking for black ice snowflake ocellaris. Seems hard to find lol. ORA says they still offer it though.

OP
OP
Cv111

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These were posted 6/8, but are sold :/

Those are the black snowflakes anyways, I think. The black ice snowflake are different. They have a lot more orange left in them, but compared to ordinary ocellaris they have much thicker and more distinct black banding.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the black snowflakes anyways, I think. The black ice snowflake are different. They have a lot more orange left in them, but compared to ordinary ocellaris they have much thicker and more distinct black banding.
You ever find the fish you were looking for? Just curious cause I came across this thread and figured I would let you know about checking out cultivatedreef.com I just purchased 2 Davinci clowns there and the fish were extremely healthy and looked beautiful. They have a ton of different types of clowns just so you know maybe check them out for future purchases even. The lady named Holly was exceptionally helpful there.

OP
OP
Cv111

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever find the fish you were looking for? Just curious cause I came across this thread and figured I would let you know about checking out cultivatedreef.com I just purchased 2 Davinci clowns there and the fish were extremely healthy and looked beautiful. They have a ton of different types of clowns just so you know maybe check them out for future purchases even. The lady named Holly was exceptionally helpful there.
I did! Ended up getting them from LiveAquaria, was definitely packaged at the ORA facility based on the location and packaging. Was a really nice shipment. Fish were in great condition and have been doing well! Had 'em for about a month now with no signs of sickness etc. Did try ordering some snails (wild caught) from them that did not go as nicely, but would 2000% buy any fish from ORA again.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did! Ended up getting them from LiveAquaria, was definitely packaged at the ORA facility based on the location and packaging. Was a really nice shipment. Fish were in great condition and have been doing well! Had 'em for about a month now with no signs of sickness etc. Did try ordering some snails (wild caught) from them that did not go as nicely, but would 2000% buy any fish from ORA again.
Thats awesome good to hear.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t you see if your LFS could order them from the breeder for you? That’s what I did for my black ice pair. Mine was happy to order them and actually help them for me for a week while I slowly learned how inaccurate API ammonia tests are. Ended up being a third of what they would have costs (72$ for the pair vs $250-$300 on DD).

most LFS use the same breeders that the major online retailers do. Idk. Just a thought

edit. Nevermind lol posted before I read through the second page lol glad you got your clowns!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back