!*!*!*!*!*! Captive Bred Fish!*!*!*!*!*!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know from who or where?
I have two ruby reds as we speak and they are a pair but a pair of captive breeds would be awesome.
Ora has target mandarins and also I've heard red mandarins but don't see them available often

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ora has target mandarins and also I've heard red mandarins but don't see them available often

Time to contact my inside man at ORA after the weekend.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to contact my inside man at ORA after the weekend.
ORA is working on other fish as well. Unrelated, it would be pretty cool if you could snag one of the first yellow tang schools captively bred. I no longer own a yellow tang, but I must admit that a school of yellow tangs is really special. I have a huge mixed "school" of tangs. If I had the space I would have a school of yellows

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also really like dottybacks. I wonder if a large number of them would diffuse aggression as it does in tangs, angels, and other typically aggressive fish. I would bet that it does.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also really like dottybacks. I wonder if a large number of them would diffuse aggression as it does in tangs, angels, and other typically aggressive fish. I would bet that it does.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA is working on other fish as well. Unrelated, it would be pretty cool if you could snag one of the first yellow tang schools captively bred. I no longer own a yellow tang, but I must admit that a school of yellow tangs is really special. I have a huge mixed "school" of tangs. If I had the space I would have a school of yellows

Marc @melev has a few captive bred yellows.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Interesting to find out, maybe some one can chime in on that.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold Assessor!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Alpha for clowns. They are a new - to us- source for clowns and they have come in healthy and good sized. They have some cool varieties as well. Check out the black lighting Oc. (it looks more like seaweed instead of lighting, but still cool)

http://alphaaquaculture.com/

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this link on the interwebz not sure if this is true this seems like a lot. I also imagine that while maybe these species were bred in captivity, it may have been only once and none are actually available?

http://www.rcthawaii.com/cvb/5.htm

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral reef in TN has a lot of tank raised fish. You can google them on the net

I will do that.
Thanks for the info.
Btw, how's your tank doing?

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing great now thanks. I bought a frostbite clown fish from them. Has blue on it.
IMAG0896.jpg

BuaidhNoBas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sustainable Aquatics out of Jefferson City TN is awesome! That's likely where most of the tank bred clowns in LFS in TN came from. I have ordered from them and had a pair shipped, they arrived healthy and hungry. They send you a free sample of their own blend of food, which my pair were eager to gobble down. They sent a followup email to make sure everything arrived safely. They have a ton of color morphs and have lots of WYSIWYG pairs on their website.

I don't work for them and am not getting paid to advertise, just very satisfied with my experience !

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sustainable Aquatics out of Jefferson City TN is awesome! That's likely where most of the tank bred clowns in LFS in TN came from. I have ordered from them and had a pair shipped, they arrived healthy and hungry. They send you a free sample of their own blend of food, which my pair were eager to gobble down. They sent a followup email to make sure everything arrived safely. They have a ton of color morphs and have lots of WYSIWYG pairs on their website.

I don't work for them and am not getting paid to advertise, just very satisfied with my experience !

Thank you.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I have some time I will edit the first post and add all the info as a list as it will help other members too if they looking for Captive bred fish in the trade.

Keep it coming as this list will get longer and longer and will be only good for the hobby in it's total as we hobbyist will look into more and more to keep Captive bred fish and aqua grown corals.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back