Captive bred Mandarins by Biota

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the new captive bred mandarins that Biota is putting out? They claim that they eat frozen and pellets. The price is a little high at $80 per fish, but I'm all about conserving the ocean. I just ordered one.
I am seriously thinking of getting a biota mandarin due to the fact that they eat pellets and frozen food and were captive bred and used to the home aquarium and it will be easier not to have to worry about keeping pods. I saw on one and they range from $99 to live aquaria sells them for $159. I will go with the $99.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seriously thinking of getting a biota mandarin due to the fact that they eat pellets and frozen food and were captive bred and used to the home aquarium and it will be easier not to have to worry about keeping pods. I saw on one and they range from $99 to live aquaria sells them for $159. I will go with the $99.
Got mine from Algaebarn, he’s still doing great. Skip the middleman and order straight from Biota website. Sometime it pays to pay alittle more to avoid problems.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get them direct from Biota. Free shipping over $150 and no tax for most states. Algae barn and other places like LA just drop shop directly from Biota.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back