Carbon doser regulator help

mpekoske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new carbon doser regulator for my calcium reactor and I’m new to this... I have the psi set at 15 and then the seconds per bubble set at 9... my question is I thought this meant 1 bubble every 9 seconds but it seems like at times there will be two or three bubbles right after each other in the bubble counter and about 5 seconds between the next group of bubbles... am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same doser and run mine at 10 psi. Mine is set between 8-9 and is about 9-10 seconds between each dose. I wouldn't time the time between bubbles ending and starting, I would time the amount of time between each red light flash on the doser. The red light flash is when the doser is on, it then takes a few seconds for all the bubbles to be released. Hope this helps

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the psi will set the bubble size. One way to tune the carbon doser, small bubbles = less C02 delivered.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also my doser is controlled by my Apex (PH meter). I try to set the rate so my apex doesn't turn power to the unit off and on too many times per day. Right now it only turns it off and on 2-3 times/day. I use to run the bubble interval really fast and it was turning it on and off 100+ times per day.

OP
OP
mpekoske

mpekoske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same doser and run mine at 10 psi. Mine is set between 8-9 and is about 9-10 seconds between each dose. I wouldn't time the time between bubbles ending and starting, I would time the amount of time between each red light flash on the doser. The red light flash is when the doser is on, it then takes a few seconds for all the bubbles to be released. Hope this helps
Thanks for the help I reduced my psi to 10 and now works perfect!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back