Carbon dosing question..(vinegar)..???

  • Thread starter Thread starter VirusAcro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VirusAcro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
110
Reaction score
1
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone..first I want to say happy Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all...!!!..I had my tank running little over 2years now I always water changes every 2weeks 20%..when I in a process of carbon dosing should i do water change like a regular basic or should I wait for bacteria to colonized then water changes...??,,,The reason I'm doing this bcuz I want to improve the color of an acros.. Thank you and happy new year..!!
 
Keep doing water changes and put in a tablespoon of brown sugar every other week.
 
That would be carbon dosing. I have used vodka, redsea nopox and the brown sugar works. It feeds the benifical bacteria.
 
So Mike what about vinegar dosing do you have any experience with vinegar I would love to hear and learn about vinegar dosing..??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new