How much vinegar do I add to Kalk?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dc1338
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dc1338

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
16
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently dosing 1000ML of my kalk solution spread 24hrs. My kalk solution is 7tbsp in 5 gallons of rodi.
If I want to start carbon dosing to help manage my nitrates. I was reading online that I could add vinegar to my kalk to achieve that, I do know that the kalk will be more potent.
How should I adjust my kalk solution and how much vinegar do I put?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new