Carbon Dosing with FM Zeo Light?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it. :/

I run Over Saturated Kalk on my Tank rather than 2 part dosing, 2.5 tsp per gallon with 25ml of vinegar. So I'm carbon dosing through my Kalk water topoff. I do this for a few reasons, simplicity and keeping my PH up since my tank is in a basement.
Is it possible to run the Zeo Light system with carbon dosing? If it is how would I adjust the dosage of the system to compensate?
Thanks

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one has any thoughts on this? Is there a better place to ask this? I emailed the company in Canada that sells it with no response.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

You can continue adding Vinegar through your Kalk top off. The dosages for certain products such as Reef Vitality and Coral Balance will need to be started at a lower dose. The amount of each that your tank will need depends on current NO3, PO4, and stocking level. The safest bet is to start at 25% of the recommended dose and steadily increase, making sure that NO3 and PO4 does not drop suddenly.

All other products that make up the system can be dosed at the recommended starting amounts.

You can also post your questions on our official support forum. :)

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

You can continue adding Vinegar through your Kalk top off. The dosages for certain products such as Reef Vitality and Coral Balance will need to be started at a lower dose. The amount of each that your tank will need depends on current NO3, PO4, and stocking level. The safest bet is to start at 25% of the recommended dose and steadily increase, making sure that NO3 and PO4 does not drop suddenly.

All other products that make up the system can be dosed at the recommended starting amounts.

You can also post your questions on our official support forum. :)[/QUOTE

Too late already ordered decided to just go with the Coral Elements instead since I could not find this simple piece of information.
My NO3 is 0.2 (I have to dose to maintain this from a zero reading) and NO4 is 0.02 I def do not want to drop them any further.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem adding Color Elements. Although NO3 is lower than what we'd recommend, CE will certainly help improve coloration.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 - 5 ppm provides corals with a good food source. Any lower and colors may begin to fade and growth may be slowed down.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back