Hydros Programming

xtianGEO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, and thank you for your time and assistance.

I've been a longtime user of the Neptune system but recently switched to Hydros. For the past two months, I've been running this new system and have gathered some insights. However, I'm facing challenges with my dosing regimen, which previously worked well on Neptune.

I use a Kalk reactor and All for Reef, with Trident testing alkalinity every 6 hours. Based on these readings, Neptune would adjust my dosing to deliver specific amounts of Kalk and AFR, dosing according to pH and alkalinity levels through DOS.

With Hydros, I set up dynamic dosing with three schedules: morning (AM), evening (PM), and night. The AM schedule runs from 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM, delivering 1700mL of Kalk. The PM schedule runs from 6:01 PM to 11:59 PM, delivering 700mL, and the night schedule delivers 1100mL from midnight to 5:00 AM. AFR is dosed at 25mL throughout the day using a x10 pump. I use the fourth x10 pump for smart dosing, while the alkalinity is dosed using a simple doser, as Hydros does not support setting the simple doser as a smart doser. Since each schedule allows only one input, the AM schedule is based on IV alkalinity testing, while PM and night are based on sump pH testing. The goal is to maintain alkalinity during the day and pH in the evening.

I created a virtual output called Kalk Runner, set as a simple doser running at 43mL/hr, to manage this. However, it doesn't control an actual device. Instead, a generic output called Kalk Pump, which allows three inputs (alkalinity, sampled IV pH, and sump pH), runs the actual pump based on Kalk Runner's status. This setup acts as a safety measure, preventing Kalk dosing if the pH is low but alkalinity is high, or vice versa.

The issue I've encountered is that despite scheduling dosing to occur one hour after IV alkalinity testing, dosing sometimes coincides with testing. This has caused artificial spikes in alkalinity readings, leading to a shutdown of my reactor and a significant drop in alkalinity. I need a way to prevent the Kalk Pump or Runner from operating during IV testing, or to delay dosing 30 minutes before and after testing. Despite my efforts to time the dosing correctly, it still sometimes occurs during testing. I'm looking for a solution that ensures no dosing happens during testing periods. Thank you very much.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit that I read your post 3 times to make sure I understand it but if I am correct then what I think you want to do is make your dosing schedule dependent on IV testing, but Hydros won't let you do that, but you can make a virtual outlet dependent on IV testing and then make the dosing schedule dependent on that virtual outlet.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back