Card collectors?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few old baseball cards. Anyone here a collector?

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be. (comics too) I worked in a sporting goods store that sold both sports cards & comic books from about 1988 -1996. Once I graduated high school and started going to college I started paying more attention to girls and sold my collections. The bottom of the market fell out though IMO. Now a days cards and comics are graded by "big money" dealers and are basically put in a sealed case. If your looking for a mint or near mint 85-86 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie card or a 1951 Bowman Willie Mays Rookie card your probably going to pay some big bucks. Certain cards & comics will always have some value to them, but the majority of them are just junk.

Last edited:

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was big into it back in the late 80's/early 90's. I still have all my old cards but most of those guys have been busted for roids and the cards aren't worth that much anymore. lol

I do have a some older ones and some old tobacco cards too but nothing major.

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about what I have, some older cards

6f8964579ad6e021b1a51fbd12940c24.jpg

This one is pretty good

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to a while back, I had a Ken Griffey Jr. Fleer specialty that was worth a little bit. Don't know what happened to it though. And I had a Dave Winfield diamond heroes card that some bought off me on ebay for $15.

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8513c459abefa40adf58d76a463193a6.jpg

This is almost a complete set of 64 topps. There's a few missing and quite a few duplicates

ScottMyers123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son and I are football card collectors. We have a combined total of somewhere between 15 and 16 thousand dollars worth per the Beckett online price guide. I am collecting them in hopes that one day he will be able to make some money off them. Kind of a small investment. LOL

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son and I are football card collectors. We have a combined total of somewhere between 15 and 16 thousand dollars worth per the Beckett online price guide. I am collecting them in hopes that one day he will be able to make some money off them. Kind of a small investment. LOL
I have a box of football cards too. Not too sure what years but it would be late 50s early 60's.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about what I have, some older cards

6f8964579ad6e021b1a51fbd12940c24.jpg

This one is pretty good

Yeah, cards like this will always have some value to them just as long as they're in good condition. When I say good condition though, I mean mint or near mint. Anything other than that both the demand and the price goes down. Round or fuzzy corners just isn't going to cut it. If the card has any creases in it, forget about it. Just as an example, if I hit the lottery and was going to take up this hobby again I want mint or near mint rookie cards of players like Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Nolan Ryan, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Michael Jordan, Lew Alcinder, Kobe Bryant, Wayne Gretzky etc. I wouldn't even waste my time with anything else.

Last edited:

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone remember the old Billy Ripken fleer "error" card? Lol

I used to a while back, I had a Ken Griffey Jr. Fleer specialty that was worth a little bit. Don't know what happened to it though. And I had a Dave Winfield diamond heroes card that some bought off me on ebay for $15.

The Griffey Jr. Upper deck was the hottest card back when I was collecting. I still have an unopened complete set.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone remember the old Billy Ripken fleer "error" card? Lol

I remember I was at the mall, and I had enough to but one nice pack of baseball cards, and it was right in top when I opened. It was a metallic, hologram. Awesome night.

The Griffey Jr. Upper deck was the hottest card back when I was collecting. I still have an unopened complete set.
I remember I was at the mall, and I had enough to but one nice pack of baseball cards, and it was right in top when I opened. It was a metallic, hologram. Awesome night. And he was favorite player at the time, so you can imagine.

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back