Careers in the hobby

jguerin88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys , i’m interested in switching my career more towards my passion .Any of the major companies hiring for remote work ? for business operations or finance related work ? I’m not sure where to post this i just don’t want to continue working in the tech field

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your best bet would be sending your resume to these companies asking if they have any job openings, I don't think many if any will see this post.

OP
OP
jguerin88

jguerin88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i figured as much . decided i’d post on here to see if anyone had recommendations

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a recruiter. You will need to go to each individual companies career site and apply. Throwing yourself out on a forum to cast a wide net will actually hurt your chances of employment, as it looks like desperation.
Find a company you like, do research on why you would want to work for that company , etc.

OP
OP
jguerin88

jguerin88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a recruiter. You will need to go to each individual companies career site and apply. Throwing yourself out on a forum to cast a wide net will actually hurt your chances of employment, as it looks like desperation.
Find a company you like, do research on why you would want to work for that company , etc.
yeah definitely not desperate i have a very steady and safe job working from home that pays all the bills and then some . i just didn’t know if anyone had insight as to companies in the hobby that allow for remote work

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! I’ve been checking the job listings at BRS every week for 5 years now lol. I think overall this is an industry where you have to start at the ground floor (customer service) and then branch out which is a huge bummer if you’re established in your career.

OP
OP
jguerin88

jguerin88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! I’ve been checking the job listings at BRS every week for 5 years now lol. I think overall this is an industry where you have to start at the ground floor (customer service) and then branch out which is a huge bummer if you’re established in your career.
i agree and that’s what i’ve been seeing , i can’t justify switching industries for a huge pay cut . I just wanted to see if i could make the transition without to much sacrifice

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're always on the lookout for talent. Currently, we are looking for team members to add to our support team, full and/or part-time. But more broadly, having worked at Marine Depot for many years before coming to CoralVue, I would say if there is a company you admire and you have skills you believe could be an asset to that company, there is no reason to wait for an opening to make contact. Polish that resume, write a compelling cover letter/email, and introduce yourself! :) You may be the first person in mind when a role does open up, or maybe they'll see what an asset you are and find a way to bring you in sooner than later.

Burburuzan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! It's totally okay to want a change. Many major companies offer remote positions in business operations and finance. Check out job boards like LinkedIn, Indeed, or Glassdoor. Don't hesitate to reach out to company HR departments directly, too. By the way, are there any sterile processing technicians? I checked https://www.vocationaltraininghq.com/online-sterile-processing-technician-training-programs/, and I see that they are making decent money. Now, I'm considering becoming one. Please share your experience!

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back