Caribsea life rock caves

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone bought caribsea life rock caves if you have could i see some pictures of them can't find any on youtube want some for my tangs but want to make sure the caves are big enough

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone bought caribsea life rock caves if you have could i see some pictures of them can't find any on youtube want some for my tangs but want to make sure the caves are big enough
Hi Dave! :) Maybe this can help you?

I went with CaribSea and their caves but was not entirely satisfied with the size and the future prospects of fish growing, so i ended up making some myself out of Aquaforest rock. Suited my need better!

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dave! :) Maybe this can help you?

I went with CaribSea and their caves but was not entirely satisfied with the size and the future prospects of fish growing, so i ended up making some myself out of Aquaforest rock. Suited my need better!

i saw that 1 but they don't show the caves and yea that's what i was thinking might check out aquaforest rock

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i saw that 1 but they don't show the caves and yea that's what i was thinking might check out aquaforest rock
I made caves out of the Aquaforest flat peices.. Don't know where you are in the UK but I have tons of it sitting in a large barrel curing for future projects! ;)

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made caves out of the Aquaforest flat peices.. Don't know where you are in the UK but I have tons of it sitting in a large barrel curing for future projects! ;)
do you need to cure it can you not just add it straight in a aqaurium already established

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you need to cure it can you not just add it straight in a aqaurium already established
You don't need to cure it, it is all my leftovers! :) Make them nice and ready so i have mature rock on hand should i decide to set up another tank ;-)

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is how much i have in atm need more

Yeah definitely room for a wee bit more! ;) Looking at playing around with the CoralWall and all my flat rocks.. Seems like a fun project!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used flat pieces of rock to build up under the cave sides to elevate the cave to allow room for them to enter. otherwise the opening of the cave is small about 3"-4" high.
you can see the cave on the right side of the picture
IMG_20230425_124613.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered 18kg of aquaforest mixed thanks for the heads up
You'll get a lot of flat bits in that box, but with creativity you can make something amazing out of it i'm sure! Best of luck mate!

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy whatever is on sale, break it into varying pieces and shapes. Then glue it back together with super glue, baking soda, and JB water weld to make caves, overhangs, etc. exactly how I want them.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back