Carnation Coral Dendronephthya sp Feeding & Parameters suggestions

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
28,739
Reaction score
40,630
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Pink Carnation coral a month or so ago. So far so good. (researched the heck out of it for years, yes) But Its lost a little weight.
Has anyone had success with these? what are you feeding and have you got any preferred parameters?(clean dirty).
I have a lot of bivalves sponges gorgs etc and doing well.
Coral frenzy Phyto Zoo live brine from time to time etc. Im wondering if I'm missing something.
Sally Jo @ Garf has a video. 1 min and she says "feed it". Thats it. LOL
A scientific study in a lab environment done at a coral farm says it will die. :confused:lol
Any success stories or will it die like the Mandarin Im looking at right now.:D

Thanks!!

ebf10fcab120a47af124f6e8b6a024d6.jpg
 
BTW. Not a coral for the faint of heart. It's almost a foot tall and did this.
40109b34afb599341cf85707f26849f5.jpg


Ahhhhhhhh
Then this
c64e831762148f60ae25513b458f073a.jpg

And this
b0a05a2d10fec0d0c914bc08e8680ea4.jpg

Weirdo. [emoji1]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new