Carnivorous foxface

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I search R2R for "foxface" and "GHA", I get all sorts of post titles like "best GHA eater", where everyone seems to reply "foxface".

This is Harry (the one-spot foxface, not the Clarkii clown. Sorry about the glare). Harry apparently hasn't read those posts. I have yet to see him nip at GHA or anything else green in the tank.

PXL_20201206_015551139.MP.jpg

He's only been in my display for a few days. In QT, the GHA-covered chaeto I tied to a rock didn't stay there long, which I attributed to Harry, though I never saw him in action. But I thought he'd go to town in my display. So far, no dice.

Everything else is going great. I give him a 50/50 chance of surviving the clowns' wrath, but he seems to be besties with the aggressive female almost immediately. I throught he'd hide all the time like he did in QT, but apparently seeing the clowns out and about gives him confidence because he comes out pretty quick just like they do.

Yet no observed algae eating and no obvious patches that have been picked at. I have been feeding heavy to minimize aggression (apparently unnecessarily), but that will stop tomorrow.

Any other tricks to get a foxface to visit the salad bar?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I search R2R for "foxface" and "GHA", I get all sorts of post titles like "best GHA eater", where everyone seems to reply "foxface".

This is Harry (the one-spot foxface, not the Clarkii clown. Sorry about the glare). Harry apparently hasn't read those posts. I have yet to see him nip at GHA or anything else green in the tank.

PXL_20201206_015551139.MP.jpg

He's only been in my display for a few days. In QT, the GHA-covered chaeto I tied to a rock didn't stay there long, which I attributed to Harry, though I never saw him in action. But I thought he'd go to town in my display. So far, no dice.

Everything else is going great. I give him a 50/50 chance of surviving the clowns' wrath, but he seems to be besties with the aggressive female almost immediately. I throught he'd hide all the time like he did in QT, but apparently seeing the clowns out and about gives him confidence because he comes out pretty quick just like they do.

Yet no observed algae eating and no obvious patches that have been picked at. I have been feeding heavy to minimize aggression (apparently unnecessarily), but that will stop tomorrow.

Any other tricks to get a foxface to visit the salad bar?

Just give him time. Some will eat GHA, some won't.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back