Carpet anemone caught my fish :/

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
My newly added carpet anemone has taken his first victim ! :/ :/ he was a green warface goby I have had for around a year. I am so devastated because it was just such a different range of emotions all in one! At first out the corner of my eye my whole anemone started twitched and I was so confused if it was dying cause of my parameters or what was going on... I threw my lights on and to my surprise my little buddy who was one of the nicest guys in my tank was being eaten!! I am so sad. What do I do?! Do i remove him? < the goby?! The things all freaking out spasming and whatnot.. well the carpet anemone is but the goby is clearly a goner... What would you do?! I have had the carpet anemone for about a week! :/

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

ShellSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the goby loss. Tough but such is life in the sea. Start feeding the anemone in the future and maybe he won't go after fish? Not sure. I gave up on them years ago for fear of getting caught in power heads. Good luck.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your loss , But that happens get some clown fish to host and that will keep other fish from getting anywhere near it lolol

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the goby loss. Tough but such is life in the sea. Start feeding the anemone in the future and maybe he won't go after fish? Not sure. I gave up on them years ago for fear of getting caught in power heads. Good luck.
Thanks. I am definitely reconsidering my anemones future in my tank as well. I currently don't have many fish and to eat one that was the one that probably just got tired of swimming and wanted to take a little rest :/

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your loss , But that happens get some clown fish to host and that will keep other fish from getting anywhere near it lolol
I actually have two clownfish.. Any idea how to get them to host to it? Like I said its fairly new and the clownfish are pretty clueless to its existence.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have two clownfish.. Any idea how to get them to host to it? Like I said its fairly new and the clownfish are pretty clueless to its existence.
They some times take a bit of time but once they do ;)
you can also get a clarcki they host anything

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry you lost your goby buddy. Carpets are very cool but got rid of mine when he ate my Kole tang[emoji22]

jhoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large carpet and a Clarkii he will host a wad of spaghetti but he will not go near that carpet.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking towards either picking up a better anemone or just stop keeping them pretty much all together.. I have like 4 fish in my tank and to eat one is kinda upsetting. I am thinking that switching to a different type of anemone possibly would be a better idea? Are all as dangerous as mine? Can anyone possibly identify mine?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back