Carpet Anemone deflated at night. Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefbuds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2017
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
1,778
Location
Mount Olive, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proboly 4 out of the past 5 nights I come home to my carpet completely deflated with my poor clownfish trying to sleep in it. I'm not sure why the nem has been doing this all the sudden
I've had for 2 months now and this just started about a week ago. Some nights it is sleeping like normal but others it is completely shrunk. I work late most nights so I don't get to observe why this is happening. Any ideas?
 
Pictures would help. It could just be shrinking at night and not deflating. How does the mouth look(tight, open, inside out)? Have you seen it releasing any zoox(black dots)?
 
Pictures would help. It could just be shrinking at night and not deflating. How does the mouth look(tight, open, inside out)? Have you seen it releasing any zoox(black dots)?
I'll try to get some pics to tonight when I get home. From what I can tell the mouth looks fine, he goes from about 10 inches to 2 or 3. For the past 2 months he has just throws up his edges into pillars at night. I'm not sure why he just started this. I'll get some pics
 
params
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new