Carpet anemone

Omar1107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be taking one of my fish tanks down, looking to see how much is this carpet anemone worth? It’s about 20+ inches when fully extended. Purple with a green rim all around.

IMG_0994.jpeg

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be taking one of my fish tanks down, looking to see how much is this carpet anemone worth? It’s about 20+ inches when fully extended. Purple with a green rim all around.

IMG_0994.jpeg
Do you happen to be in Norristown PA, next to king of Prussia?

Edit - If so I would be interested in purchasing it from you. I have a 300 gallon and have been looking to get one for my clarki clowns

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mertensi carpets go for significantly less where i am than the other types. an extra large one like that would generally be around 350 in a shop. hobbyist selling i recently saw one around same size for 200. I have one that is 25 inches in my reef, they are beautiful nems. @Gill the 3rd my clarki clowns loved mine before they passed. My Mertens is now hosted by a pair of extreme gladiator perculas

OP
OP
Omar1107

Omar1107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to be in Norristown PA, next to king of Prussia?

Edit - If so I would be interested in purchasing it from you. I have a 300 gallon and have been looking to get one for my clarki clowns
yes im located in norristown pa, i will keep you in mind. I want to know what is a fair price i can sell this nem.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a Haddoni or Mertensii? I believe the latter has identifiable verracue straight down to the foot.

These are my Hadonnis. Apologies for the cyano on the sand bed — I was trying to boost up nutrients.

IMG_6562.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Omar1107

Omar1107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a Haddoni or Mertensii? I believe the latter has identifiable verracue straight down to the foot.

This is my blue Haddoni on the right. Apologies for the cyano on the sand bed — I was trying to boost up nutrients.
i believe it is a mertensi

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mertensi carpets go for significantly less where i am than the other types. an extra large one like that would generally be around 350 in a shop. hobbyist selling i recently saw one around same size for 200. I have one that is 25 inches in my reef, they are beautiful nems. @Gill the 3rd my clarki clowns loved mine before they passed. My Mertens is now hosted by a pair of extreme gladiator perculas
Yea I had a haddons green carpet anemone for a while that they hosted. Unfortunately it didn't do well in a tank move and then got sucked into a power head, it never recovered from it.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had a haddons green carpet anemone for a while that they hosted. Unfortunately it didn't do well in a tank move and then got sucked into a power head, it never recovered from it.
I lost my blue Haddoni many years ago to a wavemaker as well. For my new build, I bought 3D-printed nem-guards for insurance. Once Haddonis (or most carpets) buried themselves to the bottom glass, they don't move around. On the other hand, RBTAs wander around the tank a lot!

OP
OP
Omar1107

Omar1107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a couple fish that need a home as well. They are pretty huge.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.png
    IMG_0997.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 35

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back