Carpet dieing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jhillreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jhillreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
53
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
help! Just got this and seems like he’s dieing. Should I let me sit and see if gets better or get him out!?

BB0ED7B5-7D44-4F89-9F8D-527E554B9C14.png
 
help! Just got this and seems like he’s dieing. Should I let me sit and see if gets better or get him out!?

BB0ED7B5-7D44-4F89-9F8D-527E554B9C14.png

Have some more pics?

That looks pretty rough. Looks like its mouth is ripped apart.

If it is physically coming apart, remove it from the tank. If it is still intact, treat it with cipro in a separate tank.
 
Order cipro, if you do not have it on hand. If you have on hand , I would start treatment now.

If you do not have on hand, I would leave it alone for now, monitoring it, and maintaining stable water parameters until the cipro comes in, then start treatment.

All of your water parameters stable and in good range?
 
Yeah all water Parameters good.... how much does it run? And I gotta use a separate tank to treat it ?
 
What about the water? So when you change it daily it’s not like cycled water. Is that ok? Cause it’s fresh water daily.
 
What about the water? So when you change it daily it’s not like cycled water. Is that ok? Cause it’s fresh water daily.

It's fine to do fresh water daily, just make it before hand. Some people use tank water and use it to do the water change then put the fresh made saltwater into the main tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new