Carpet on the move

Magnoliamg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my haddoni carpet for four years now and it has never moved from it's spot. All of a sudden I'm seeing it move about 6 inches. It still looks great and is eating well. Any idea on what could make it move like this?

Changes in the tank:
Switched salt with the last water change - 1 week ago
Added (4) 54 watt bulbs (increased from 12 to 16)

My tank is a 240. All parameters are the same... no major changes.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say yuou answered your own question. somtimes just the changes even ssmall ones will make them get up and move. i also have a very large 24" carpet that sat in one spot for more then 5 years. then one day poof he up and moved and has been in the new spot for nearly a year now. the only thing that changed was i did a larger then normal water change two weeks prior.

i got lucky and i liked the new spot better lol

OP
OP
M

Magnoliamg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scrambled to get stuff moved out of it's way... the clowns just looked at me like I was crazy. I wouldn't mind it staying where it is but now I'm anemone heavy on that side of the tank. My rbta's are on a tower right above where it is heading. LOL

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.I bet that changing the bulbs made him move a bit.Let him settle back down and see what he does.The new salt may have also made him move.Just keep him happy and safe and he should be fine!

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back