carpet / snail compatibility

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend recently purchased some live rock and found a snail hitchhiker Cypreas Tigris. He is asking me if I would like it for my carpet anemone tank. When I read online I find that the snail can eat some anemones and soft corals. I don’t mind putting it in with my carpet as long as he stays away from the carpet and the carpet stays away from him. Is this a carpet anatomy predator? Or more a threat to BTAs etc? Also can I house multiple carpets together and even BTAS with a carpet (separate question).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You should be good. It’s condylactus it will go after. The Tiger Cowrie prefers a rock aquarium with hiding places. While small, it will eat some algae and scavenge for scraps, but as an adult, it will eat some anemones, sponges, and soft corals, and is best housed with starfish, sea urchins, and tubeworms in the reef aquarium. Do not house it with condos again. It needs low nitrate levels and will not tolerate copper-based medications as with most snails

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back