Carpool to Frag meet Sept 14? Far west valley.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I’m looking for a carpool group or to create a carpool for the Sept 14 Frag meeting.

I can comfortably have 4 people in my truck.

As for a place to meet, it’s honestly best to wait till the Friday before to make the call. ADOT announces road closures Thursday night. Weekend road closures have been staggering 1 direction on the L101 and the opposite on I-10. Lots of road construction to deal with at least till the L202 finishes. Makes it tough for folks to cross the valley on the weekends.

I’m in north Surprise.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I’m looking for a carpool group or to create a carpool for the Sept 14 Frag meeting.

I can comfortably have 4 people in my truck.

As for a place to meet, it’s honestly best to wait till the Friday before to make the call. ADOT announces road closures Thursday night. Weekend road closures have been staggering 1 direction on the L101 and the opposite on I-10. Lots of road construction to deal with at least till the L202 finishes. Makes it tough for folks to cross the valley on the weekends.

I’m in north Surprise.
I'll ride with you Ken. Do you mind if we go over to Jeff Porters house before or after to see his setup? he lives close to the venue.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll ride with you Ken. Do you mind if we go over to Jeff Porters house before or after to see his setup? he lives close to the venue.
No, I don’t mind at all. Either before or after is fine with me. If others join in the carpool and they have a preference I’m open.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SawCJack00 can you please coordinate with @jporter17 what time would be best for us to arrive on Saturday afternoon?
This weekend westbound lanes were closed so odds are eastbound I-10 will be closed next weekend. So preliminary plan would be to meet at Bills place. Time to be determined.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SawCJack00 can you please coordinate with @jporter17 what time would be best for us to arrive on Saturday afternoon?
This weekend westbound lanes were closed so odds are eastbound I-10 will be closed next weekend. So preliminary plan would be to meet at Bills place. Time to be determined.
Will do. I think we should go before the meeting to have some BBQ, and I need to give him his Homewrecker frag too.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. I think we should go before the meeting to have some BBQ, and I need to give him his Homewrecker frag too.
Yep, work out what time we need to be there and come Friday I’ll look at the roads and post the departure time and meeting point. To be honest it will likely be either Jimmys or Bills place.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys wanted to show up at 1300 we could have lunch and spend the rest of the time talking shop. Didn't know if you wanted to check out any of the LFS while on this side of town. Either way, we'd have plenty of time and not be rushed getting to the PROP meeting. I will PM Bill and get my address and help with directions here based on any road closures. Looking forward to it! JP

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a trip to the supermarket for porter to get more stuff for BBQ sandwiches.

Unfortunately (or fortunately :)) my tank is in my office and is limited for visiting space, otherwise I wouldn't mind having a larger group over. I'm already freaked out about having the local experts over to see it and am working on making it a better experience. You know, cleaning up, hiding wires and general organization. Might even offer up a frag or two for the long drive over. I had Tony Vargas over a few years ago to see my old tank and almost crashed it the week before cleaning the inside glass with a cleaning pad I thought was free of detergents. Not going that far this time so everyone will have to excuse a little film on the glass and dirty sand. I'm still on the hunt for one of those Bella gobies I saw at Bill's house. should be a good time though. JP

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t go crazy on my account. You should see my front room right now where my tank is.. holy moly what a mess. I took everything out and am building up my equipment cabinet. In doing so.. all the electronics are spread everywhere.

Last edited:

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan. Lets plan to arrive at Jeff's house at 1300. Jeff, send me your address so we can plan a departure place and time.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got Jeffs address and it looks like about an hour from my house. If we leave around noon we should be good. let me know where you guys want to depart from.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got Jeffs address and it looks like about an hour from my house. If we leave around noon we should be good. let me know where you guys want to depart from.
@Sisterlimonpot @SawCJack00 Thanks, Bill I’m thinking we can just meet at your place. It’s between Jimmy and I.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back