Dates to mark on your calendar

UrksOceanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Reefin Family!!
Lots to share with y’all! But 1st I’ll start with an apology for any confusion if your marking your calendar’s. A couple audibles had to be called but y’all will understand why shortly

1st up
One of our LFS will be moving at the end of the month. When I learned that I had to reach out! Emerald Bay Fish & Reptiles Old Hickory will be moving out of the Old hickory location… Sean has agreed to host one last meeting in this location before he goes, my thoughts are to hold our club meeting This Sunday @ 5pm to help thin the saltwater inventory
So @everyone please join us for this meeting, btw I’m going to also suggest we also do our annual Chili cook off/pot luck this weekend…. For me it only seems fitting we have one last annual cook off for food for this meeting, Sean and crew are going to need to eat well and have strength for the upcoming weeks.
**our drawing for location of the Christmas meeting will happen prior to the raffle drawings**

2nd
Some of y’all may have noticed ETRC’s post, if not you will see it soon and here’s why… Dustin is not only a MTRC member, but also owner/operator of one of MTRC’s sponsors (Knox Corals ) .. when he heard the idea of us helping out with a show out in Eastern TN. He waisted no time!
ETRC’s show is scheduled for November 12th @ 10am. Location is Rothschild catering & conference center (8807 Kingston Pike, Knoxville TN 37923) and all MTRC membership get discounted admission of only $5 with kids under 12 free
Let’s help support the new East Tennessee Reef Club with planning that field trip we’ve been discussing in our meetings…

3rd - date to remember
This one is a 1st that I’m aware of but I’m always supporting our LFS….
We will be holding a Black Friday Event 7 Seas Aquatics
Friday November 25th store opens at Noon and Club festivities will begin at 4pm! Special guests to include our favorite mama reefer Kimmie from spikescorals.com, James is working hard stocking up already and the New high flow frag tank was installed last week, so it should be ready and frags filled up for this event!

I know this is a lot to process but don’t worry I’ll be making event posts for each of these dates soon

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back