CaRx help

E_Aquatics

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2014
Messages
569
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a calcium reactor running for about 5 weeks, every has been very stable but in the last two days the pH in the reactor has been going down and nothing I do seems to make it go up. I kept it between 6.5-6.6 and now it's at 5.52.

pH probe is a 5 week old BRS lab grade probe, it was properly calibrated before the installation. I'm using the aquarium plants regulator which is also 5 weeks old and the reactor is a Geo618.

I have opened the effluent all the way so that water goes through the reactor faster, therefore; increasing the pH within the reactor since the co2 was left untouched. I have also turned off the regulator and closed to valve on the co2 tank. Last step I took was to completely take the reactor offline and the pH kept going down.

Does anyone know why the pH keeps decreasing when the co2 is off and the reactor is getting water from the tank which is at a higher pH?
 
It turned out to be a bad probe. A new one is on the way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new