CaRx / stability / growth

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a link in my signature if you want to learn how to tune a reactor. Unplug that pH controller and let the reactor run constantly. It is a short learning curve, but it has better results and higher end pH with less waste.

OP
OP
BOWHUNTER4250

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a link in my signature if you want to learn how to tune a reactor. Unplug that pH controller and let the reactor run constantly. It is a short learning curve, but it has better results and higher end pH with less waste.

Hey man ! i did see a few of your posts about tuning a reactor , and if i remember correctly you note to keep some baking soda ( ALK solution ) available to dose in case numbers drop ??
Now to be honest i have been nervous to try this method as im worried the swing of Alk up and down will start to cause STN ? im not that great at figuring out PPM divided by ( x plus z ) then taking that and calculating the outcome ..... lamens terms , the K.I.S.S method .... take this and add this , then do this .... i have a few small ( baseball size ) colonys but mostly frags with a few shoots ...

OP
OP
BOWHUNTER4250

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did see that you note to NOT RUN A CaRx from a manifold ?? currently i do feed my reactor from a line off of my return pump with a valve , i have a basement sump and i use a hammerhead return pump ... what are the cons of running like this compared to using a separate pump ?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run no ph probe or controller. Jda's way is so simple and should be a standard and considered.
My carx runs 24/7 and the ph is the same as before I fired it up.
My effluent dkh is around 20 and I run manmade, Tunze media.
The only thing I do is adjust the effluent flow when needed to keep my dkh at 7.5 do to demand.

OP
OP
BOWHUNTER4250

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Based on what you are saying explain to me what " better results " i would get doing this way than doing what i am currently doing with a controller and probe ?? .......... By no means am i saying your wrong i just don't know what results your referring to ?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back