All for reef

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing all for reef on 3/17, so about a week ago, my alk has been pretty consistently(with in the margin of error of the Hanna tester) low, and my calcium seems to also be ok, with a slight increase, will test again in a few days, my tank has 2 sps right now so not a huge demand, also could be a test error with the Red Sea, not always 100% sure if it has changed.

I wanted to keep my alk closer to 8, is a week enough time for the alk to catch up to the delayed release? Would it be safe to dose some alk to boost it?

IMG_3451.png

IMG_3452.png

Last edited:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin recommends getting the water chemistry to desired levels prior to starting use. I've included the information / instructions below as it has a handy flow chart based on your testing results.

The short answer is yes, you can add a bit of Alk to get it to desired levels. I've done that a few times with my Alk and used what I had on hand. Prior to switching to AFR I was using ESV 2 part so was able to add a bit to get it right.

Just go slow as you are.

1711393335414.png

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing all for reef on 3/17, so about a week ago, my alk has been pretty consistently(with in the margin of error of the Hanna tester) low, and my calcium seems to also be ok, with a slight increase, will test again in a few days, my tank has 2 sps right now so not a huge demand, also could be a test error with the Red Sea, not always 100% sure if it has changed.

I wanted to keep my alk closer to 8, is a week enough time for the alk to catch up to the delayed release? Would it be safe to dose some alk to boost it?

IMG_3451.png

IMG_3452.png
My experience: 45g (55g system) lowish stock and low light for now.
4-5 ml /day keep ALK stable.

Take a quick look there (AFR... ML/GALLONS for x dKh)

For every 2.5ml of All For Reef / 20 gallons of water it will raise Alk by 2kh.

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience: 45g (55g system) lowish stock and low light for now.
4-5 ml /day keep ALK stable.

Take a quick look there (AFR... ML/GALLONS for x dKh)
I have 50 total gallons , dosing 10 ml per day. Will take a look at that, thank you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back