Cassiopea Xamachana

banana222111

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Cassiopea Xamachana for a school experiment but I cannot purchase a rectangular tank. I put aquarium sealant in the corner to prevent them from getting hurt is this enough? Also I put rocks in the tank should I take them out?
 
upside down jellyfish prefer a flat sandy bottom. they do fine in a rectangular tank. Typically one of at least 20 gallons (long) is best suited. They are photosynthetic and also consume zoo plankton. enriched baby brine shrimp, copepods, and rotifers are great food sources for them. It may even be possible to feed them some frozen food choices. I would remove the rocks.
 
Upvote 0
Just to add to the above - these really aren't like most jellyfish; they don't drift in the current, they just plant on the bottom and don't really move much. Lighting is more important for these than tank shape is.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new