Catch an eel

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have tore down my tank due to ich/velvet. Everything in QT. The only bugger still to catch is one of my eels ! I have found him in one of the rocks ! I have put it in a bucket waiting for him to drop out but still hasn't! How do I get him out from the rock !

Niteowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow he still hasn’t come out? Maybe try some food? Idk.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to put the eel in qt with the rest? Are you planning on treating with copper, eels will not survive copper treatment; if they survive the treatment you can expect to lose him within the next several months to a year.

Put the rock with the eel in a separate qt, if the eel was in optimum health it is very unlikely he was affected by velvet or ick. He and his rock can just wait out the fallow period together.

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to put the eel in qt with the rest? Are you planning on treating with copper, eels will not survive copper treatment; if they survive the treatment you can expect to lose him within the next several months to a year.

Put the rock with the eel in a separate qt, if the eel was in optimum health it is very unlikely he was affected by velvet or ick. He and his rock can just wait out the fallow period together.
I don't have any more spare tanks No useing CP due to having eels and a puffer

Niteowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still nothing lol. Just glad I found the rock he was in so I can put the rest of the live rock back in the tank
When I did a upgrade I couldn’t find a trigger fish I had. Then I saw a shell outside the holding tank. He was in it and I had no idea. Needless to say he was dead 30 minutes out of water.

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I did a upgrade I couldn’t find a trigger fish I had. Then I saw a shell outside the holding tank. He was in it and I had no idea. Needless to say he was dead 30 minutes out of water.
I know he is still alive cause I can see him moving about i googled it and looks like the can be out the tank for 12 hours

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 51 43.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 8 6.8%
Back