Catch big damsel in my 180

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to catch a Flame Angel that was nipping at clam mantles. He wouldn't look at the bottle thing. I tried the fish hook thing from Dick"s Sporting Goods but the hook was just too big. He would bite the bait off from the side and not get the hook. I then ordered the smallest trout hook I could find from BassProShops. Caught him in less time than it takes to tell about it. Try chicken instead of shrimp, it stays on the hook better.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOOK AND LINE? Glad you got the little snot outa there. after witnessing them first hand, I vowed I would never put them in my tank ever again.

Bishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hook Idea has always confused me a bit. How do you set the hook without pulling it though the fish's head? Do you not need to pull from the side?

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the same idea as if you were sitting in a boat. When he bites, pull him out.

OP
OP
p woodard

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didnt use the hook and line he went in the bottle but I have the hook and line if there is a next time

Bishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used a 2 qt pitcher with a rock to hold it down. often takes a lil time before the fish i want swims into it but has always worked so far.

Back