Catching a fish

KingOfPain86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to catch a yellow angel? I have tried several times but he just hides in the rocks and I end up giving up :(. Please help.

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a trap out of egg-crate and fishing line. I will post a picture of the one I made to catch 2 yellow tangs when I get home from work.

ETORRES477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may help, it may not. But I am curious to know if it works, if it does please let me know on this thread. There are some fish I have encountered over the years that have wreaked havoc in my tanks and I wouldn't hesitate to send them back to whatever tropical paradise they come from first class lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0os30IQWI0

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rent a trap from your LFS (usually) or even make one yourself. It is just an acrylic box with a trap door on one end help up with fishing line. It is mounted to the side of the tank with magnets. Throw some fish food in there and wait for the angel to enter. Once it does, release the trap door :) I actually caught a Niger Trigger and Flame Angel within minutes using one of these.

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the strobe mode on my trl-1s.turn off all the lights on your tank and room as dark it can get wait 20 minutes go into the room fit the strobe setting and point it on the fish you want to catch,they will be like adeer in headlights slowly take your net and scope him up.works like a charm.

Erak82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a mason jar and put food inside after a little while they get comfortable to go inside then i just pull it up

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back