CBR Aquafuge large HOB set-up

Hogdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I should have a package containing a large CBR aquafuge HOB refugium waiting on me when I get home from work today. I had been waiting ona few items, but mostly the HOB before setting my 60 gallon tank up.

Should I bother putting anything in the HOB before the tank cycles? If so...what?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't hurt to get in there a couple of mesh bags with ceramic media like BioMax or Seachem's Matri that have been soaking in BioSpira, Dr. Tims, Seachem Stability. Get that bio system jump started. Post some pics. :)

OP
OP
Hogdaddy

Hogdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't hurt to get in there a couple of mesh bags with ceramic media like BioMax or Seachem's Matri that have been soaking in BioSpira, Dr. Tims, Seachem Stability. Get that bio system jump started. Post some pics. :)

Pics to come for sure...as well as a build thread

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics to come for sure...as well as a build thread
Did you start the build yet?

I have an older Aquafuge II with protein skimmer. I was thinking about tossing it in a tank again. I always used the CPR 24w power compact light with acrylic legs. It works fine for cheato or frags. Just change the bulb color.

Since the refugium sits up higher than the tank, it's not really practical to try and run the light on a reverse light schedule. It tends to light the tank at night unless you cover or paint the back of the tank, and shield it from the top as well. I've done it, but it's not the best option.

I do love the skimmer portion. It's simple and it works. I'd probably mod the cup with a vinyl hose and run it to a collection jug under the stand. I used a Maxjet 1200 with a needle wheel impeller, and an airline inlet with the adjustable thumb screw on the suction side. It press fits up into the intake tube.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back