CBS and hermit compatibility?

terrell wohlrab

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
118
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a small clean up crew 2 days ago from the LFS,(mexican turbo, 5 hermits) was told everything will be fine together. Last night I noticed my CBS missing a claw and thought nothing of it(maybe it was molting) well, today I woke up to a dead CBS and my decorator crab having breakfast..... The two have been together for ~3 months so ii doubt the crab is the issue. Could the small hermits I added really have killed my poor shrimp?
 
No, the hermits aren't responsible. Decorator crabs are opportunists. The cbs was in a weakened state, and he took advantage of it.
 
No, the hermits aren't responsible. Decorator crabs are opportunists. The cbs was in a weakened state, and he took advantage of it.
dang that sucks, they have been together for a while and never had a problem.
 
I may end up trading in the decorator if tbats the case. I loved my CBS, he was my very first purchase. Id love to get another one. I may get some credit for the decorator and pick up an arrow crab or another CBS
 
I may end up trading in the decorator if tbats the case. I loved my CBS, he was my very first purchase. Id love to get another one. I may get some credit for the decorator and pick up an arrow crab or another CBS
Arrow crabs can be pretty opportunistic as well, and will hunt the hermit crabs.
 
Well the hermits will only be in there for another week or so, I picked them up to help remove some of the algea and hopefully I can get to the bottom line and stop it from coming baxk, they will be going to my brothers tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new