Cc inferno/ csb??

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineage and bright color are the keys to its popularity and high price tag, though I expect the price to come down as more and more people cultivate them.

Lineage is important because you know what you're getting. CSBs have been in the trade for such a long time that people know how they will react in certain situations. It's also an indicator of the color to expect.

This is in contrast to wild anemones that may have similar colors. They can morph into different colors, particularly under LEDs. Some wild nems just don't do well once in captivity.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy05

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineage and bright color are the keys to its popularity and high price tag, though I expect the price to come down as more and more people cultivate them.

Lineage is important because you know what you're getting. CSBs have been in the trade for such a long time that people know how they will react in certain situations. It's also an indicator of the color to expect.

This is in contrast to wild anemones that may have similar colors. They can morph into different colors, particularly under LEDs. Some wild nems just don't do well once in captivity.
What's the difference between csb and inferno

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference between csb and inferno
Top pic is Colorado...bottom is CC Inferno
A9377208-11D2-4125-8CEB-86916D53A01A.jpeg
17133074-0C9B-4E9B-8350-EA83821CC347.jpeg

californiarob

Reef lover with a pirate smiLe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top pic is Colorado...bottom is CC Inferno
A9377208-11D2-4125-8CEB-86916D53A01A.jpeg
17133074-0C9B-4E9B-8350-EA83821CC347.jpeg
the top pic does not look like a CSB, its hard sometimes under certain lighting, the Colorado will always have yellow in the tentacles see pic below of a CSB... hope this helps
csb colorado sunburst nem cropped.jpg

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That top pic is a csb they do shift colors all under different lighting. This is a keys island and it can change colors a lot depending on age lighting and nutrition. This is with no filter viewing in person it is insane bright and rhe inferno is on another level

20201028_174031.jpg

OP
OP
Bigdaddy05

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That top pic is a csb they do shift colors all under different lighting. This is a keys island and it can change colors a lot depending on age lighting and nutrition. This is with no filter viewing in person it is insane bright and rhe inferno is on another level

20201028_174031.jpg
Are they difficult to keep and split? Just woundering if the price will ever be in my price range lol

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted one for years. I have kept other high end nems before and had good success they are very hardy just never add another type if bubble tip always keep them by them selves and with there splits and you will not have any issues

OP
OP
Bigdaddy05

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted one for years. I have kept other high end nems before and had good success they are very hardy just never add another type if bubble tip always keep them by them selves and with there splits and you will not have any issues
I'm hoping to come across one that's affordable iv had black widow and a fake inferno type and as of lately normal rose and rainbows definitely ready for something better

ItsJustLPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

they are all bubble tips what do you mean by not keeping them togehter? I have rainbow, orange crush & inferno together...

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the top pic does not look like a CSB, its hard sometimes under certain lighting, the Colorado will always have yellow in the tentacles see pic below of a CSB... hope this helps
csb colorado sunburst nem cropped.jpg
Top pic is a CSB.

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its knows threw out the sunburst community that bubble tips fight chemically not all but most do i have personally lost black widows from mixing with rainbows.. i have lost a few wilds as well from black widows thats even with running heavy carbon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back