CCOMBS Boujee Reef

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a continuation of my thread CCOMBS FIRST REEF since I am doing a full upgrade. That experience taught me so much, and now I am at a place where I feel like I am ready to start a new upgrade and do things better this time around.

I am taking the AIO tank from the original thread, removing the baffle and drilling out the back for a Bean-Animal style overflow. Below is my equipment list.

Sump:
Synergy TS-34 Sump with Customizations

Stand:
DIY Custom Built

Control:
Neptune APEX, adding additional equipment

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus Essence S-130

Return Pump:
(2) Vectra S2

Lighting:
(2) Kessil 160 (Display)
(1) H80 Tuna Flora (Refugium)

Powerhead:
MP10

Reactors:
Aquamaxx Carbon/GFO

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is a continuation of my thread CCOMBS FIRST REEF since I am doing a full upgrade. That experience taught me so much, and now I am at a place where I feel like I am ready to start a new upgrade and do things better this time around.

I am taking the AIO tank from the original thread, removing the baffle and drilling out the back for a Bean-Animal style overflow. Below is my equipment list.

Sump:
Synergy TS-34 Sump with Customizations

Stand:
DIY Custom Built

Control:
Neptune APEX, adding additional equipment

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus Essence S-130

Return Pump:
(2) Vectra S2

Lighting:
(2) Kessil 160 (Display)
(1) H80 Tuna Flora (Refugium)

Powerhead:
MP10

Reactors:
Aquamaxx Carbon/GFO

I’m looking forward to seeing how this build develops - cheering for you!

BTW, I just got a #reefoctopus Essence S-130 as well.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATES!

Sump from Synergy Reef Ordered a few weeks back and I Pre-Ordered their V2 Shadow Overflow. Now, for complete honesty here. I have seen and discussed some of the issues that have been addressed on this forum before, and am completely aware of those and want to keep them out of this thread. HOWEVER, I will say that Vanessa and Rick have been wonderful and quick to respond to my many questions so far. I have faith that the V2 will address some earlier concerns with cracking and salt creep, hopefully will be quiet as well. If I have any issues I will update and ask that anything regarding this apparent hot button topic be addressed with decorum and facts and not turn into an argument that mods need to get involved in. In my personal experience so far, they have been great to deal with and the only experience I can talk about here is my own. END RANT.

Next, huge shout out to @cromag27 (Octo Aquatics) for some of the really neat products they have. I ordered their dosing holder that uses water bottles as well as a dual holder for my Colbalt Neo-Therms (suction cups...well...they suck). I love products like these and will talk about them in my upcoming video series. I also submitted my lid dimensions this evening and assume that will get in production pretty quickly.

I will be doing highlight videos of this build very similar to my normal videos posted on Combs Design.

I will also be doing some videos from my personal channel that are more vlog like and will just be me nerding out over reef stuff for my friends on R2R. The majority of people interested in my DIY channel will not be interested in some of the more technical aspects that we will talk about in the vlogs. Ask some questions or give me some topics you would like discussed. These vlogs won't be high in production value, but will contain my thoughts and considerations of the project.

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, since I am using an H80 in the fuge for macro, I would like to keep a frag rack down there. Do you think the Tuna Flora will provide sufficient spectrum for the coral?

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I picked up my Synergy Reef sump that I ordered awhile back. Vanessa and Rick were awesome and they are doing great work! I really believe in their products after meeting them in person and seeing their R&D process in action. In theory the overflow should be ready next month!

OP
OP
ccombs

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very unfortunate update. As much as I love this hobby, I will actually be needing to get out of it. As of this week, all of my livestock and dry goods are on the selling forum.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back