Ceiling hanging kits

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
480
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not exactly sure how these works. I've considered using them but I am apprehensive in doing so. Mainly because if something goes wrong, I have myself to blame and can't point the finger at others. :pDo they anchor in the ceiling? Screws? Nails? Anyone have them fail and the lights come falling down?
 
I hung my ATI 60" 8x80w T5 with Yo-Yo's from the hydroponic store with #O 3inch eye-bolts with hangers in the ceiling. No issues. Solid, I put some serious pressure on em prior to hanging lights, they are SOLID. No worries here. Love the Yo-Yo's as I can raise and lower them as needed for cleaning and light intensity.
 
I used the expanding anchors and hooks and chains for a couple years no issues. They are still in the ceiling but switched to different lights now.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new