centex99's IM 50 Lagoon INT Build

centex99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for help and suggestions on all equipment for my build. I'd like to get it setup to avoid outright or do very small infrequent water changes.. Initially will setup the tank with rocks/sand and fish, then add to the corals... would like to plan most all equipment up front, but perhaps roll it out with the tank stocking...
I originally consider one of their similiar size or 60SR tanks that are AIO... but ended up going with the INT and sump route.

Tank/stand are on order, nothing else except a cheap light, rocks, and sand are currently purchased. Help me spend my money, but wisely!

Tank is the IM Nuvo 50 INT and I'm leaning towards perhaps a Trigger Systems Titanium line sump when it comes available in the next few weeks.
https://www.triggersys.com/ts/titanium-sumps/ (26" model)

I am however open to suggestions on alternatives and open to not getting one with a roller, just feel it could provide lots of ease of mx.

Pump... Open to suggestions... I'll probably setup a 2 port manifold before returning it up to the tank.
Leaning towards a SDC 6.0... is a manifold worth while to possible run UV and a reactor and perhaps a chiller...
I'd likely prefer to stick with one pump... would it be best to plumb the accessories back into the main return line to display (especially UV) or back into sump?

With the roller would I still need a skimmer? If so, perhaps a smaller one?

I plan to have an ATO setup and am leaning towards going with Hydros for controller and future automated testing/dosing.
I'd also consider GHL... open to recommendations/suggestions/etc. I imagine, I won't need to start doing full testing/dosing until I start building up corals.

Lights... I have a cheaper chinese knock off I might use initially... but am looking for suggestions on what to use long term.

Don't have a set budget per se for any particular thing... I would rather make it nice, decently automated, and easy to maintain.

Based upon that, I'm open to all suggestions, feedback, help, etc.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either a Trigger sump or a IM Nuvo RFS 22 would work. The Sicce SDC 6.0 would be perfect for that tank (including if you want to run a manifold, UV and chiller). I can't speak to the chiller, but you probably want to run a manifold for the UV/reactor off the main plumbing (between the return pump and return outlets).

You may not need a skimmer with a fleece roller, but it's never a bad idea to plan for being able to add (a small) one. I don't have any opinions on GHL or Hydros (I'll let others weigh-in on those).

Long-term Radions are great but obviously more expensive. In terms of budget, figure it out - then add +50% for things you haven't thought of.

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for help and suggestions on all equipment for my build. I'd like to get it setup to avoid outright or do very small infrequent water changes.. Initially will setup the tank with rocks/sand and fish, then add to the corals... would like to plan most all equipment up front, but perhaps roll it out with the tank stocking...
I originally consider one of their similiar size or 60SR tanks that are AIO... but ended up going with the INT and sump route.

Tank/stand are on order, nothing else except a cheap light, rocks, and sand are currently purchased. Help me spend my money, but wisely!

Tank is the IM Nuvo 50 INT and I'm leaning towards perhaps a Trigger Systems Titanium line sump when it comes available in the next few weeks.
https://www.triggersys.com/ts/titanium-sumps/ (26" model)

I am however open to suggestions on alternatives and open to not getting one with a roller, just feel it could provide lots of ease of mx.

Pump... Open to suggestions... I'll probably setup a 2 port manifold before returning it up to the tank.
Leaning towards a SDC 6.0... is a manifold worth while to possible run UV and a reactor and perhaps a chiller...
I'd likely prefer to stick with one pump... would it be best to plumb the accessories back into the main return line to display (especially UV) or back into sump?

With the roller would I still need a skimmer? If so, perhaps a smaller one?

I plan to have an ATO setup and am leaning towards going with Hydros for controller and future automated testing/dosing.
I'd also consider GHL... open to recommendations/suggestions/etc. I imagine, I won't need to start doing full testing/dosing until I start building up corals.

Lights... I have a cheaper chinese knock off I might use initially... but am looking for suggestions on what to use long term.

Don't have a set budget per se for any particular thing... I would rather make it nice, decently automated, and easy to maintain.

Based upon that, I'm open to all suggestions, feedback, help, etc.
Ok so for lights I’d ditch the radions and look straight at Reefi Uno 2.0. Go check the reviews out on IG. I’m going to be building something with a similar footprint soon but because of my budget I’m going with Noopsyche k7 v3 wifi version. I can get two for the price if any other light and they are stellar. As for sump, I can’t say. I always build my own. I tend to just copy the best features I like and then cut the glass.

OP
OP
C

centex99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my tank, stand built and picked up a bunch of stuff from buying another tank…
Trying to decide if I need and how much more rock…
For reference this is 40# (BRS Reef Saver I bought and held onto years ago…)

Attachments

• IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4364.jpeg
    IMG_4364.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
C

centex99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Items I bought… may swap pumps… also got a HOT5 light for that tank, misc small pumps, an algae scrubber, ph meter and a few other small trinkets… not sure if I’ll keep that tank or sell it… but I paid less for all of it than the sump would of cost me, so not complaining!

Attachments

• IMG_4370.jpeg
    IMG_4370.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4369.jpeg
    IMG_4369.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
C

centex99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to install power strip, converters, controller and dosing stuff with that nice and big sump and ATO under there…
Anyone with suggestions? Perhaps attach to the right side door?

Attachments

• IMG_4381.jpeg
    IMG_4381.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
C

centex99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1694050706669.png

Thoughts on this for plumbing? Any changes/suggestions/etc you'd recommend? Any more places you'd install unions or valves?

The plumbing for the return pipes (in black) in the overfill... Do they need to be glued?
I was planning to glue everything on the lower plumbing except leave the 3 return pipes going into the sump snug fit/loose as they would leak into the sump...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back