Cerith snail synchronized breeding

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this morning I noticed several cerith snails on the glass. I counted six separate egg strands. I haven't paid attention to how many strands show up at the same time before. Anyone have experience with synchronized breeding in these guys?
 
Did you recently have a parameter swing? Temp or salinity? This can sometimes cause mass eggs laying.
 
Good thought. But I don't think so... I've been home with a bad cold for the past week so the only things I've done to the tank are routine maintenance - clean socks, empty skimmer. I'll check my water chemistry just in case though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new