Cespitularia and other hitchhikers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nordy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nordy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
890
Reaction score
1,012
Location
East Wenatchee Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cespitularia, sigh.. It might be time to start strategizing on how to limit its expansion efforts.

IMG_9189.jpeg IMG_9191.jpeg
 
If you consider it a weed, then sell to others and consider it nutrient export.

I like Silver Red Sea Pulsing Xenia.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
I’m also strategizing how to get rid of an excess of branching Montipora in another tank. If a piece frags on its own, I’ll usually just toss it in that Cespitularia tank and see what the results are in the time ahead. I guess it is a frag tank then. I actually no longer know anyone in this hobby in my area. I’m against tossing away, I got lots of freebies!!
 
Upvote 0
I’m also strategizing how to get rid of an excess of branching Montipora in another tank. If a piece frags on its own, I’ll usually just toss it in that Cespitularia tank and see what the results are in the time ahead. I guess it is a frag tank then. I actually no longer know anyone in this hobby in my area. I’m against tossing away, I got lots of freebies!!
If you are open to r2r members in your area coming to your local, then consider a thread posting freebies for local pickup.

I sell to LFS. It pays for the salt.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new