cFloor's 250g. SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter cFloor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I love this reef!
 
Can you provide a link from where you got that frag tank/reservoir? It's great
 
I love this reef!
Thanks so much :)
Can you provide a link from where you got that frag tank/reservoir? It's great
I bought it at my local hydroponics store, it's made by Botanicare and I think it cost about $100. I've been very happy with it. It's a little more sturdy than some of the others I've seen.
 
What is the size of your tank and how thick is your glass?
The tank is a 250 gallon peninsula. I believe the glass is 5/8" and I have euro bracing on the top of the tank as well as the bottom.
 
Here's a FTS from earlier this month. Tank has been funky lately. PO4 has been a little high at .08 and Nitrates are undetectable. I have a little cyano and my corals are looking off. I recently lost a couple frags and my WWC Bounce melted overnight which was the largest one I have seen. I've been doing multiple large water changes in attempt to get everything back on track.

 
Great tank. I love the separate islands of coral. Giving me some great ideas. Thanks.
 
Have you tried adding a little nitrate powder to get nitrates readable and see if it helps drop the phosphates?
 
Great tank. I love the separate islands of coral. Giving me some great ideas. Thanks.
Thanks so much!
Have you tried adding a little nitrate powder to get nitrates readable and see if it helps drop the phosphates?
I have not tried that yet but have been leaning in that direction.
Love the new open aquascape, but needs more acros in there :)
Thank you, and yes! I couldn't agree more. I' have some stuff in the frag tank that's almost ready to be moved to my display. I don't like putting small frags in with all my angels.
 
Beautiful system and love the bandits;)

I also would not want my nitrate at 0....probably why your coral are not happy and you lost your bounce aim for 5ppm
 
Love this system @cFloor! Any new updates?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new