Chaeto and reef flux

Nikoliter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chaeto is all full of hair algae . Do you think the chaeto would survive if I put in a gallon bucket with salt water and reef flux for 3 days ?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chaeto is all full of hair algae . Do you think the chaeto would survive if I put in a gallon bucket with salt water and reef flux for 3 days ?
Reef flux is a three week treatment for bryopsis algae, so confused by your question.

Think both chaeto and hair algae would be fine for 3 days in gallon bucket with Reef Flux.

FYI: I got new clean Red Ogo and now grow in a different 5g tank with $3.50 5k LED light as snacks for my tangs. Instead of refugium I ended up using bio-pellets to control nitrates & phosphates (works A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. though does take 30 days to begin working (was long 30 days, but 3 weeks in saw noticable dip and at 4 weeks began fighting to stay over 0s!). However, my hair algae seems doing fine with very low numbers, so have upped my CUC and continue manual removal.

OP
OP
N

Nikoliter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef flux is a three week treatment for bryopsis algae, so confused by your question.

Think both chaeto and hair algae would be fine for 3 days in gallon bucket with Reef Flux.

FYI: I got new clean Red Ogo and now grow in a different 5g tank with $3.50 5k LED light as snacks for my tangs. Instead of refugium I ended up using bio-pellets to control nitrates & phosphates (works A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. though does take 30 days to begin working (was long 30 days, but 3 weeks in saw noticable dip and at 4 weeks began fighting to stay over 0s!). However, my hair algae seems doing fine with very low numbers, so have upped my CUC and continue manual removal.
I have a reef octopus biopellet reactor. I have had zero nitrates as well. . I just unplugged it this week. Maybe I should toss my fuge and go back to it ?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef octopus biopellet reactor. I have had zero nitrates as well. . I just unplugged it this week. Maybe I should toss my fuge and go back to it ?

Would be simpler.

I'm maybe going back to Vibrant which is why I'm currently (again) without refugium macroalgae. Even with different types, my biopellet reactor (once we got past 4 week point) has been WAY more effective at reducing nitrates and phosphates. Vibrant in Spring took a couple months but after wiping out all other algae types (including macros) first, eventually reduced then killed green hair algae. Thought it was gone; back with a vengeance. Even added a 4 foot UV and making no difference. Hate GHA. Maybe I have to accept it will be a never ending war with GHA.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back