• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Chaeto Loaded with pods!!

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the triton method in my 90 gallon SPS tank and it is time to trim the algae in my refugium due to it slowing down the water flow in my sump. The algae is loaded with pods, dark green, very fast growing under my kessil h380 and a mix of chaeto, grape caulerpa, and caulerpa racemosa. Triton recommends using multiple types of algae in your refugium for diversity. This also allows for more uptake of nutrients and stability in the refugium. My tank is pest free and never had any issues with this algae not growing. I currently have an orange mandarin and red scooter blenny in my DT who are FAT and loving life. My tang gang also loves eating small pieces that make it into the DT.

I am selling a large handful for $25. I ship the algae packaged in water so the pods stay alive during transport. I have sealed the bags using a heat sealer. This makes a strong watertight seal so you don't have to worry about your algae arriving damp with all the pods dead (this has happened to me multiple times when ordering online). I ship 1-3 day USPS priority mail. Shipping includes a tracking number :).

Below is a top-down shot of the refugium. If you look closely you can see the pods photobombing :). The video shows how strong the watertight seals are.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

5cc37290-65fc-4a5c-a46b-84ff4095e512-jpeg.1057231

OP
OP
DesertReefBoy

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 more bags available! this stuff is loaded with pods!!! $25 shipped will get you a large handful!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back