Chaeto question

adumb112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started a chaeto refugium in the 2nd chamber my 25 IM lagoon. The next day my tank was very cloudy with a white dust covering the tank. It’s gotten better over the last 24hr with extra filter floss change outs. but seems to be coming from the chaeto. Is this some sort of bacterial bloom or is the chaeto dying off? I haven’t added anything new or dosed anything differently. This is a mature tank at 3yrs old.

I have the IM ChaetoMax light on the fuge.

I only run Chemipure Elite and have a AquaMaxx skimmer.

Thanks in advance.

jsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud, pretty much same set up. I'm nuvo 25, intank fuge basket running chaeto with the 18w IM chaetomax light. I'm not having the issues of white dusty film. But if I go in to my fuge and just give the basket a quick up and down to agitate the water, a ton of cloudy water tints my display. Did you notice this issue?

OP
OP
adumb112

adumb112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud, pretty much same set up. I'm nuvo 25, intank fuge basket running chaeto with the 18w IM chaetomax light. I'm not having the issues of white dusty film. But if I go in to my fuge and just give the basket a quick up and down to agitate the water, a ton of cloudy water tints my display. Did you notice this issue?

It was bad timing on my part and really confused me. The shirt story is....

I did some rescaping a few days before I started the refugium. Turns out a started a bacterial bloom from moving to much around. I increased my oxygen by pointing my return nozzles up to agitate the surface water and the BB cleared up in 7 days. Everything survived with nissues and looks good.

I started with a tennis ball size of chaeto and I haven’t seen much growth at all. But my pO4 has came down since starting the fuge.

Good luck to you.

Back