Chaeto reactor AND algae scrubber?

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hear me out. I have a Pax Bellum n24 and im contemplating the new CW-200 or CW-300. (The reason why i havent decided between the two sizes of the CW ones is becuase their dimensions are nowhere to be found). My tank is a 225G Red Sea Reefer-S 850 and it has a dual sump configuration. Due to this, I get a lot of added flexibility and im planning on feeding a lot, so I’ll need good export. The tank is new and doesnt even have water.

I will add that this contemplation came from the Pax Bellum being too tall for the sump. It seems to require being placed outside the tank to harvest the macro algae, which is a pain… I would sell it, but I need it to achieve my export goals + the calcium reactor injection benefit and copepod benefit is too good for the Pax Bellum to simply sell it. Any ideas on what I should do?

Should I sell the Pax, buy the CW scrubber, or have both?

0D034CE8-ADD6-4AF0-94CF-AE6759855796.jpeg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have cheato reactor and Algea scrubber is overkill to the nth degree. Not only will you be using more electrical load, having more maintenance and more heat in your room, but the chance of 'over stripping' the water would actually scare me a bit. I have seen and experienced with ONE scrubber mechanism having nitrates and phosphates bottom out, I would hate to see what is happening with two.

OP
OP
Arisbel

Arisbel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have cheato reactor and Algea scrubber is overkill to the nth degree. Not only will you be using more electrical load, having more maintenance and more heat in your room, but the chance of 'over stripping' the water would actually scare me a bit. I have seen and experienced with ONE scrubber mechanism having nitrates and phosphates bottom out, I would hate to see what is happening with two.
Oh I wouldn't dare run the at the same time. I definitely would split them 50-50

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(The reason why i havent decided between the two sizes of the CW ones is becuase their dimensions are nowhere to be found)
FYI Dims are listed on BRS or Saltwater's listing

EDIT ok now I see on SWA's listing for V2 there are no dims....I'll let Josh know to fix that lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back